Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots and Apples
- CKD non-dialysis
- 20 medium Brussels sprouts
- 3 large carrots
- 2 medium apples
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim the Brussels sprouts and cut each one in half. Peel the carrots and cut into 1-inch pieces. Core the apple and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place Brussels sprouts, carrots and apple pieces in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, maple syrup and spices. Stir to combine.
- Pour sauce into the large bowl and stir to coat vegetables and apples. Place ingredients on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until carrots are fork tender and Brussels sprouts begin to darken.