Savory Green Beans
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound frozen French style green beans
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Cook green beans in microwave according to package directions.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté onion with garlic, until onion is translucent.
- Add dill weed, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and stir to mix.
- Add green beans and toss. Place in a casserole dish.
- Melt butter and mix with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over green bean mixture and bake for 5 to 10 minutes to brown.