Spicy Summer Vegetable Blend
- CKD non-dialysis
1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers
- 1 cup zucchini
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash red chili flakes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon bottled barbecue sauce
- Dice onion, cut bell pepper julienne style and slice zucchini.
- Heat oil, onion and corn in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until onion turns translucent and corn begins to brown.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, black pepper, chili flakes and water. Stir and cover. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until zucchini is tender and water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in barbeque sauce. Divide into 4 portions and serve.