Summer Squash with Pineapple and Peppers
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2-1/2 cups crookneck squash
- 2-1/2 cups zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 8 ounces unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut squash into 1-inch cubes. Dice bell pepper into small pieces.
- Placed cubed squash in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix the green bell pepper, pineapple with juice, cinnamon, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Spoon over squash and mix well.
- Cover squash and cook on low heat setting for 6-7 hours or until squash is tender.
- Stir gently to mix before serving.