- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup carrots
- 2 cups cabbage
- 2 cups frozen French style green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cilantro powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Thaw and chop green beans. Grate carrots, cabbage and cilantro.
- Soaked bread slices in water and drained by squeezing between the palms of your hands.
- In a medium pan cover cabbage and carrots with water and boil for 10 minutes. Add the chopped green beans and cook until completely done. Drain excess water and cool.
- Add spices, flour, bread slices, cilantro and lime juice to vegetables and mix well.
- Make 12 balls and flatten each into a patty the size of a small burger.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and place patties in the saucepan, two or three at a time without crowding. Flip patties over when cooked, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.