Veggie Crumbles with Bowtie Pasta and Kale
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces frozen veggie crumbles
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta
- 2 cups kale
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup plain, lowfat Greek yogurt
- Chop the onion and kale.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion until tender. Stir in the veggie crumbles, 1/3 cup water and Italian seasonings. Cover and cook until crumbles for 4 minutes.
- Pour 2-1/2 cups chicken broth into the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook and stir over medium high heat until broth is absorbed, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add remaining broth, kale and chili flakes and cook over medium heat until pasta is done, about 14 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in Greek yogurt. Serve hot.