Zucchini-Onion Latkes (Pancakes)
- CKD non-dialysis
2 medium zucchini
1/2 cup onion
2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons white all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grate zucchini and chop onion.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs; add flour and mix well.
- Add the zucchini and onion and stir into the egg mixture until well mixed.
- Coat a frying pan with olive oil and heat. When oil is heated, drop the mixture by spoonfuls into the oil, making 16 equal portions.
- Using a spatula, flatten the latkes and fry until brown on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel to soak up extra oil.
- Serve hot.