- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 5 cups seedless grapes
- 3 ounce package flavored gelatin
- Wash and de-stem grapes, leaving them slightly damp.
- Pour the dry gelatin mix into a large bowl. Do not dissolve with water.
- Place damp grapes into the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the coated grapes in a single layer onto a baking sheet or lay grapes flat in a plastic seal-top container.
- Freeze grapes for a least one hour. Enjoy chilled.
- These grapes can be a great thirst quencher.
- Choose your preference for the flavor of gelatin and color of grapes.
- Some gelatins contain phosphorus additives and are not recommended for a low phosphorus diet. Check the ingredient list on the package and choose a gelatin that does not contain additives.
- You may also use sugar-free gelatin, which will decrease the carbohydrate content to 14 grams per serving.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Heidi from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 41 mg
Potassium 145 mg
Phosphorus 27 mg
Calcium 8 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Added Sugar 7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
1 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register