Shrimp Spread with Crackers
3 crackers, each with 1 teaspoons of spread
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 2-1/2 ounces cooked, shelled shrimp
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 24 matzo cracker miniatures
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Mince shrimp and stir into cream cheese.
- Stir in ketchup, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning.
- Place 1 teaspoon of spread on each cracker. Garnish with minced parsley.
- Serve with celery sticks instead of crackers if desired.
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN. Submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 69 mg
Potassium 54 mg
Phosphorus 30 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Added Sugar 1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register