Shish Kebabs Lower Protein
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds beef sirloin
- 2 medium onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell pepper
- Combine the vinegar, oil, black pepper, garlic powder and oregano to make a marinade.
- Cut the beef into 1-1/2" cubes; Cut the onions into quarters; cut the bell peppers into 1-1/2" squares.
- Place the meat and vegetables in a covered container and marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Load the skewers, alternating meat and vegetables.
- Grill the kebabs over medium heat for 10 to 30 minutes, depending on desired degree of doneness.
- Dawn uses sirloin steak for her Shish Kebabs, but you can use whatever meat you prefer.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling to avoid burning them during the cooking process.
This lower protein version of Shish Kebabs has a smaller beef portion compared to the original recipe on DaVita.com. The nutrients have been adjusted to reflect this change.
Submitted by: Recipe provided by DaVita dietitian Dawn from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 20 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 20 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 47 mg
Potassium 374 mg
Phosphorus 171 mg
Calcium 21 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register