Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 1 packet frozen acai, unsweetened
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup plain 2% low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rice milk, unsweetened, original, classic
- 2 tablespoons raspberries
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 1/4 fresh pear
- Remove frozen acai puree from the packaging and break up into pieces.
- Place acai pieces, mixed frozen berries, Greek yogurt, chia seeds and rice milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Consistency should be thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Pour blended mixture evenly into two bowls.
- Top with raspberries, blueberries and chopped pear.
- Açaí (pronounced ah-sigh-EE) berries are from a South American palm tree. These berries are rich in antioxidants and make a great addition to smoothies.
- Make the acai bowl your own by adding your favorite toppings such as chopped pineapple, unsweetened coconut flakes, cacao nibs or granola cereal.
- Use fresh or frozen raspberries and blueberries for topping.
- This recipe may be tart. For sweetness you can add honey, Stevia or your favorite sweetener.
- Low phosphorus, low potassium milk alternatives such as almond or soy milk can be used in substitution for rice milk.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Shireen from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82 mg
Potassium 349 mg
Phosphorus 140 mg
Calcium 298 mg
Fiber 7.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
1-1/2 fruit, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register