Glazed Cornish Game Hen for Two
1/2 game hen
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/4 pound Cornish game hen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. In a small saucepan melt the butter.
- Remove and discard giblets from cavity of thawed game hen. Rinse and pat dry. Rub the skin and inside cavity with a tablespoon of the melted butter. Place hen in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the jam, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the remaining melted butter; heat and stir until combined.
- After baking for 20 minutes brush the hen with the apricot glaze. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer, basting with the glaze every 10 minutes. Remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Let the hen rest for 10 minutes then cut in half and place on serving plates. Heat the remaining glaze to a boil then pour over each half before serving.
- Nutrient analysis includes skin after baking. For a lower fat/calorie meal remove the skin.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Carrie from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 29 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 37 g
Cholesterol 213 mg
Sodium 183 mg
Potassium 362 mg
Phosphorus 192 mg
Calcium 29 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 3 fat
- 1 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register