- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 pound whole chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole fresh garlic heads
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Add olive oil to skillet and begin heating.
- Rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, inside and out.
- Place 1 whole garlic head and 2 sprigs of rosemary inside chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on all sides.
- After browning, squeeze the juice of the lime over chicken and place uncovered skillet with chicken into oven.
- During cooking, periodically spoon juices over chicken.
- Check after 1 hour and 30 minutes. To test for doneness, pierce chicken at thickest part of thigh; juices should be clear.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kathy from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 21 g
Carbohydrates 0 g
Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 240 mg
Potassium 190 mg
Phosphorus 155 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register