Easy Low Phosphorus Fudge
one 3" x 1-1/2" piece
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2/3 cup half & half creamer
- 1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 9" square pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- Combine half & half and sugar in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly and continue a rolling boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add marshmallows , chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Quickly pour into a greased pan. Cool; cut into 3" x 1-1/2" pieces, making 18 pieces.
- Check half & half creamer as some brands contain phosphate additives. Substitute with milk or other milk alternative without phosphates.
- Let fudge cool completely before cutting.
- For people with diabetes, cut fudge into 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" pieces and count as one carbohydrate choice.
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 10 mg
Potassium 64 mg
Phosphorus 27 mg
Calcium 14 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fat
- 1-1/2 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register