Frozen Fruit Delight
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Reddi-Wip® dairy whipped topping
- Chop cherries and drain pineapple.
- Place all ingredients except whipped topping into a medium-sized bowl and combine until well blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place mixture into a plastic freezable container and freeze 2 to 3 hours until hardened.
- If you have diabetes, replace the sugar with 1/2 cup Splenda® granular sweetener or 12 packets tabletop low calorie sweetener. Carbohydrate content is reduced to 13 grams and carbohydrate choices equals one.
- Garnished with maraschino cherry halves for an attractive presentation.
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mindy from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 59 mg
Potassium 99 mg
Phosphorus 36 mg
Calcium 47 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register