Frozen Sugar Cookie Sandwiches
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cup Splenda® No Calorie granular sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups Reddi-Wip® Fat Free Dairy whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Set butter and cream cheese out to soften.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and Splenda until smooth. Beat in egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
- Form teaspoons of dough into balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten the dough ball by pressing down with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and let stand until completely cool.
- With a mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and the remaining vanilla extract. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on half of the cookies, then top each with the remaining cookies to form a sandwich.
- Wrap each cookie in foil and place in the freezer for 1 hour or until ready to eat.
- Place the cream cheese mixture in a plastic bag, snip off one tip, and pipe the filling onto the cookie.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Rachel from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 142 mg
Potassium 71 mg
Phosphorus 58 mg
Calcium 45 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 2-1/2 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register