- CKD non-dialysis
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar (divided use)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda®) and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Form 1” balls and roll in the sugar mixture.
- Place dough balls 2” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until browned.
- Recipe analyzed with regular sugar. Use 3/4 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend instead of 1-1/2 cups sugar in step #2 to decrease calories to 160 and carbohydrate to 18 grams for 2 cookies.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Mary from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Potassium 66 mg
Phosphorus 26 mg
Calcium 8 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- 1-1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register