Cranberry and Roasted Garlic Risotto
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mince onion.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add roasted garlic and onion in saucepan and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and dried cranberries to rice mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
- Prepare roasted garlic from DaVita.com's recipe for Roasted Garlic Heads or use bottled garlic spread.
- Arborio rice is medium-grain rice with a high starch content. It is grown in Italy and is traditionally used in risotto recipes.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jennifer from New Jersey.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 43 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 100 mg
Potassium 184 mg
Phosphorus 66 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 2.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register