Quick Pasta Primavera
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup frozen whole baby onions
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix
- 1 cup cooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® original blend herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 lemon wedges
- Chop bell pepper and parsley.
- Prepare frozen vegetables according to package instructions.
- Mix oil, vinegar and Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning. Toss with vegetables and hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedge.
- Left over portion is good as a cold pasta salad. Add 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing--choose a lower sodium brand.
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CSR, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN. Submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 24 mg
Potassium 200 mg
Phosphorus 63 mg
Calcium 41 mg
Fiber 4.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register