- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 medium jicama
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1-1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
Peel jicama and carrot. Cut both into 1/4-inch match stick cuts and place in a medium bowl.
Finely dice red onion and add to jicama and carrots.
Cut grapes in half and add to vegetables.
Cut basil leaves into small pieces and add to bowl.
Drizzle apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and lime juice over other ingredients.
Mix and chill before serving.
- For variety, you can substitute other low potassium fruits for the seedless grapes. Try apples, pineapple or strawberries.
- 1/2 of a medium-sized red onion is about 1/2 cup.
- 1 medium jicama yields 3 cups.
- 1 large carrot yields 1 cup.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Stephanie from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9 mg
Potassium 190 mg
Phosphorus 23 mg
Calcium 17 mg
Fiber 3.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
1 vegetable, medium potassium
1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register