Tuna Noodle Casserole for Two
- 2 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 5 ounces canned tuna in water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Boil the egg noodles according to the package instructions, omitting the salt. Drain and flake the tuna.
- In a medium bowl combine the sour cream, cottage cheese, tuna, mushrooms and peas.
- Drain the cooked noodles and stir into the tuna mixture. Place into a small casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and stir into the bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the noodle mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until bread crumbs begin to brown. Divide into 2 servings and enjoy.
- Extra serving can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
- Add your favorite hot sauce if you like the heat and spice.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sarah from Maryland.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 39 g
Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 88 mg
Sodium 266 mg
Potassium 400 mg
Phosphorus 306 mg
Calcium 130 mg
Fiber 3.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register