- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® original blend herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup liquid low cholesterol egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Grate onion and zucchini into a bowl and stir to combine. Place the zucchini mixture on a clean kitchen towel. Twist and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Return to bowl.
- Mix flour, salt, and Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning in a small bowl. Add egg product and mix; stir into zucchini and onion mixture. Form 4 patties.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large nonstick frying pan. Lower heat to medium and place zucchini patties into pan. Sauté until brown, turning once.
- Serve with 1 tablespoon applesauce or cranberry sauce.
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN. Submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89 mg
Potassium 198 mg
Phosphorus 27 mg
Calcium 32 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register