Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry
- CKD non-dialysis
2 ounces chicken, 1/2 cup vegetables, 1/2 cup rice
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
To make sauce, stir together honey, vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and cornstarch; set aside.
Pour canola oil into a large skillet or wok. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium high heat.
Stir-fry frozen vegetables for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Remove vegetables from skillet.
Add chicken to hot skillet. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken away from the center of the skillet. Stir sauce; add to center of the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Return cooked vegetables to skillet. Stir all ingredients together to coat. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through.
Serve immediately over rice.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 279
- Protein 17 g
- Carbohydrates 38 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 35 mg
- Sodium 196 mg
- Potassium 349 mg
- Phosphorus 180 mg
- Calcium 52 mg
- Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- Select a frozen vegetable mixture of broccoli, red peppers, bamboo and mushroom or try green beans, red peppers and water chestnuts.