Quick Pasta Primavera
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup frozen whole baby onions
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix
- 1 cup cooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® original blend herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 lemon wedges
- Chop bell pepper and parsley.
- Prepare frozen vegetables according to package instructions.
- Mix oil, vinegar and Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning. Toss with vegetables and hot pasta.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedge.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 158
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 24 mg
- Potassium 200 mg
- Phosphorus 63 mg
- Calcium 41 mg
- Fiber 4.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Left over portion is good as a cold pasta salad. Add 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing--choose a lower sodium brand.