Crunchy High Protein Chicken Salad
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup green apple
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
Cube chicken. Chop apple, bell pepper, onion and cilantro. Slice grapes in half.
Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, protein powder and lime juice together.
Add remaining ingredients, and stir until chicken is coated with dressing.
Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours until flavors mix.
Serve on lettuce or on bread or crackers.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 262
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Sodium 215 mg
- Potassium 333 mg
- Phosphorus 192 mg
- Calcium 64 mg
- Fiber 0.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- You can stuff pita pockets with this chicken salad, or serve on low-sodium crackers or toast. For a snack size, serve in small cups, or on a single cracker.
- Carol recommends EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder, a whey protein available in many stores such as Costco® and Walmart®. If unavailable in your area, ask your dietitian for recommendations on other protein powder brands.
- Protein powder contributes 24 grams per 1/2 cup. Products vary amount of protein and serving size.