Fruit Salad Slaw
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup red apples
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup green cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Dice unpeeled apples. Shred cannabe and grate carrots.Drain crushed pineapple; reserve liquid.
In a small bowl blend mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine pineapple, apples,cabbage, and carrots.
Add mayonnaise mixture and toss.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 115
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Sodium 61 mg
- Potassium 116 mg
- Phosphorus 12 mg
- Calcium 5 mg
- Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Reduced-fat mayonnaise cuts the fat in half.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days if it lasts that long.
- Make it quick--use packaged coleslaw mix instead of shredding cabbage and carrots.