Creamy Baked Fish
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces fish plus sauce
- 1 pound haddock
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup regular nondairy creamer
- 1 cup fat-free nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Spray an 8" x 8" glass baking pan with vegetable oil spray. Sprinkle a light covering of flour (2-3 tablespoons from the 1/2 cup) on the bottom of the pan.
Rinse haddock and arrange each piece in the pan.
Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and the rest of the flour. Distribute evenly.
Cover with regular fat nondairy creamer, fat-free nondairy creamer and water.
Cut butter into pieces and dot top of mixture.
Bake for approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
Transfer fish to a plate. Spoon cream sauce from baking dish and spoon over the fish before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 380
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 46 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 79 mg
- Sodium 253 mg
- Potassium 400 mg
- Phosphorus 266 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Fiber 0.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 nondairy
- 1 high calorie
- Buy haddock steaks or fillets. Thaw if frozen. Cooking time may vary with thickness of fillets or steaks. Test after 30 minutes.
- If sauce is not thickened when fish is done, remove fish from pan, stir sauce and return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
- If you are on a higher or lower protein diet, adjust fish portion to match your meal plan.
- Omit salt if desired. Sodium is reduced to 122 mg per serving.