Green Beans a la Roast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Wash green beans and trim ends.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread beans on foil.
- Pour olive oil over beans and toss gently to coat beans evenly.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and redistribute beans for even baking.
- Return to oven and bake for approximately 10 additional minutes or until beans have a few golden brown areas.
- Remove from oven, season with ground pepper and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 70
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 4 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 6 mg
- Potassium 220 mg
- Phosphorus 40 mg
- Calcium 40 mg
- Fiber 3.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- For extra flavor try a flavored oil with llemon or herb flavor.