Onion Herb Flatbread Crackers with Peachy Dip
4 crackers + 1 tablespoon dip
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash® onion and herb seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg white
- In a small bowl combine yogurt or sour cream, peach preserves and mustard. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, Mrs. Dash seasoning and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle of dry ingredients. Add water, oil and egg white. Mix together until dough forms.
- Flour a dough board and knead dough for 3-4 minutes. Divide into 4 pieces and form each into a ball.
- On lightly floured board roll dough ball out until very thin.
- Cut into cracker rounds or strips and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Pierce with a fork to keep dough from bubbling.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes until crackers start to brown and crisp. Be careful not to overcook.
- Repeat with each dough ball to make 4 dozen crackers.
- Serve crackers with Peachy Dip.
- Serve crackers with Peachy Dip or your favorite low-sodium cracker topping.
- Store leftover crackers in a sealed zip top bag or container.
- Making your own batch of crackers helps with sodium control and saves money. Be creative with herbs and spices and cracker shapes.
- Choose Greek yogurt or substitute with sour cream based on your diet goals. Comparison of sour cream and Greek yogurt:
- Greek yogurt (non-fat) 1/2 cup = calories 68, protein 11.5 g, carbohydrate 2.7 g, fat 0 g, sodium 40 mg, potassium 160 mg, phosphorus 153 mg
- Sour cream (regular) 1/2 cup = calories 185, protein 2 g, carbohydrate 4 g, fat 19 g, sodium 77 g, potassium 135 g, phosphorus 110 g.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 24 mg
Potassium 55 mg
Phosphorus 32 mg
Calcium 14 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
12 muffins SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register