1 pork chop + 1 cup vegetables
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup eggplant
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- To make the marinade mix olive oil, basil, garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Clean and cut all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour half of the marinade over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place pork chops in a bowl and coat with remaining marinade. Cover both bowls and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- On a rimmed sheet pan place pork chops on one side and vegetables on the other side.
- Roast for 15 minutes then stir the vegetables. Continue cooking until pork chops reach 145° F, about 15 minutes.
- Decrease vegetable portion to 1/2 cup if you need a lower potassium meal.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 24 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 420 mg
Potassium 860 mg
Phosphorus 305 mg
Calcium 86 mg
Fiber 3.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Amie from Minnesota.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register