- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3.4 ounce package baked apple chips
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 275° F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl. Mix very well to coat dry ingredients.
- Divide mixture onto the 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, changing pan position (move pan on top rack to bottom rack) halfway through baking.
- Instant oats contain added salt. Old fashioned rolled oats are preferable as they are lower in sodium.
- Packaged apple chips vary in size. Select the brand closest to 3.4 ounces.
- Store granola in an airtight container. Enjoy with Maple Cinnamon Roasted Pears, unenriched almond or rice milk, cottage cheese or yogurt.
- For a gluten-free version be sure to use oats and puffed rice cereal that indicates gluten-free on the label.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg
Potassium 107 mg
Phosphorus 70 mg
Calcium 18 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Brittany from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register