1 chicken thigh
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in, with skin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® seasoning blend, any flavor
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium flame on stove.
- Measure out flour and place in a dish. If you like, you may add any of the Mrs. Dash® seasoning blends to the flour, or just the black pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and place in the hot oil. Cook until lightly browned.
- In the same pan, add garlic and white wine.
- Cover and cook on low heat approximately 20 minutes, making sure that when a knife is inserted, juice runs clear, not red. Check the chicken periodically and add additional wine if pan is dry.
- Serve chicken topped with wine sauce.
- After chicken is floured if you let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes the flour will adhere to chicken pieces better.
- You can add thin-cut low-potassium vegetables to the oil in the beginning as desired. Try shredded carrots or julienne zucchini.
- Refrigerate or freeze individual portions of leftover chicken and reheat for a quick meal later.
- Mrs. Dash® seasoning blends are available in a variety of flavors and are very low sodium, potassium and phosphorus.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 79 mg
Sodium 73 mg
Potassium 214 mg
Phosphorus 151 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Lisa B. from New York.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register