- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- Cream margarine and beat in sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix. Knead dough to incorporate the flour. Form into a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough out about 1/4” thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut with cookie cutters, or with a knife into diamond shapes. Bake cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 325° F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Decorate cookies with cinnamon, colored sugar or icing for a holiday touch.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 91 mg
Potassium 38 mg
Phosphorus 12 mg
Calcium 7 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN and submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register