- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 8 ounces rice sticks
- 4 leaves from large head of bok choy (1 cup chopped)
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3/4 cup unsalted beef or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion
- Prepare rice sticks according to package instructions (typically cover sticks with cold water for 20 minutes and then separate).
- Slice the bok choy, celery and carrot into thin slices. Dice the onion; mince the garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut aminos, broth, chili sauce, garlic and corn starch.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add canola and sesame oils. Add the diced onion and cook until translucent. Add the bok choy, celery and carrot slices and stir-fry until tender crisp.
- Add sauce to cooked vegetables and stir to combine.
- Once the rice sticks have softened, separate the noodles and add to pan with sauce and vegetables. Stir all to combine.
- Let sit 15 minutes prior to serving for flavors to fully develop.
- Slice green onion and sprinkle on top to garnish before serving.
- Rice sticks are also known as rice noodles.
- You can substitute soba, udon, vermicelli or spaghetti for rice noodles. Prepare according to instructions instead of soaking.
- Add tofu, shrimp or chicken to make a meal.
- Coconut aminos replace soy sauce or tamari in this recipe to keep sodium lower.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 40 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 282 mg
Potassium 213 mg
Phosphorus 41 mg
Calcium 45 mg
Fiber 1.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Elyse from Virginia
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register