- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 bunch fresh kale
- 2 tablespoons shallots
- 6 medium Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® garlic & herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove kale from stalks and finely chop. Measure 3 cups for slaw. Chop shallots.
- Shred Brussels sprouts and measure 2 cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine kale, Brussels sprouts, cranberries and shallots.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, Mrs. Dash seasoning blend, mustard and pepper. Pour over vegetables and mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Kale slaw keeps in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- For a variation, heat the slaw and stir-fry for a hot dish.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 29 mg
Potassium 245 mg
Phosphorus 38 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register