- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ginger root
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, canned in juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chop bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Shred ginger root.
- Heat oil and when hot add ginger and red onion. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Microwave peppers on high for 6 minutes. Add the peppers to onion mixture. Close the lid of the pan and cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring to avoid burning peppers.
- Add pineapple tidbits and simmer for 2 minutes. Add curry powder and cilantro. Turn the vegetables once and let simmer on low for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and lemon juice before serving.
- Serve curry with bread or rice.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 10 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Potassium 232 mg
Phosphorus 26 mg
Calcium 19 mg
Fiber 1.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 vegetables, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Rupa from New Jersey.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register