Jackie’s Corn Bread Muffins
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup plain cornmeal, white or yellow
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup unenriched rice milk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine egg substitute, rice milk and melted butter.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm.