- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mushroom pieces
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (see recipe in "Sauces & Seasonings" section)
- Easy Pizza Dough (see recipe in Breads section)
Dice onion; chop bell pepper.
Prepare Easy Pizza Dough and Red Pepper Tomato Sauce recipes.
Preheat oven to 425º F.
Shape pizza dough to make two flat 12" pizza crusts.
Spread 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce over each pizza.
Top with red onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and pineapple.
Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top.
Bake for12 to 16 minutes until bubbly and browned.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 289
- Protein 8 g
- Carbohydrates 37 g
- Fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 165 mg
- Potassium 210 mg
- Phosphorus 111 mg
- Calcium 74 mg
- Fiber 2.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Red pepper tomato sauce and pizza dough can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen until the day pizza is prepared.
- To form 12" pizza, turn a medium-sized bowl upside down and dust with flour. Gently stretch dough evenly over outside of the bowl; turn and place on pizza pan.
- Makes two 12" pizzas.