- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup onion
- 3 large eggs
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (DaVita.com recipe). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Chop onion.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, then add all ingredients and mix together.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- To serve, place meatballs in a warming dish or slow cooker on low heat setting. Serve with 2 teaspoons sauce on the side or add sauce to the meatballs.
- Find the recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce on DaVita.com. It adds 37 mg potassium and 21 mg sodium for one tablespoon. This lower-potassium, low-sodium sauce can be used as a substitute for tomato sauce in a variety of dishes.
- Make meatballs ahead and refrigerate. When ready to serve, heat ingredients together and transfer to a warming dish.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 54 mg
Potassium 133 mg
Phosphorus 99 mg
Calcium 27 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 fat
Submitted by: Recipe submitted DaVita dietitian Kathy, MS, RD, LDN, CSR, from Pennsylvania.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
24 servings SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register