- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 hard-boiled large egg
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To hard-boil the egg, boil in water for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave egg in water for 2 more minutes. Drain under cold water and peel.
- Chop the egg and place in a small bowl. Chop the onion and add to the egg.
- Mix the sour cream, mustard and ground pepper into the egg and onion.
- Enjoy as a quick snack!
- Pair with low-sodium crackers, celery sticks or a slice of bread. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- You may replace the sour ream with mayonnaise, which will increase the fat content by 7 grams.
- Counter top egg cookers are available if you are looking for an easy way to make hard-boiled eggs to have on hand.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 192 mg
Sodium 120 mg
Potassium 96 mg
Phosphorus 100 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 protein
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jackie from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register