3 ounces beef, 3/4 cup vegetables
- Higher Potassium
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup frozen carrots and peas
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian dressing dry mix
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Chop the onion.
- Combine the ground beef, onion and Worcestershire sauce into a patty and place on the foil.
- Top patty with frozen peas and carrots.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mix and black pepper over the top.
- Fold and seal the foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully open one end of the foil packet and allow steam to escape before serving.
- Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the foil packet on a baking sheet before placing in the oven.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 307 mg
Potassium 580 mg
Phosphorus 240 mg
Calcium 65 mg
Fiber 4.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Grace from Oklahoma.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register