- 3-1/2 pounds turkey breast, with skin, bone-in
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place turkey breast skin side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer in center of thickest part of the turkey breast.
- Bake at 350° F until thermometer reaches 170° F (about 1-1/2 hours).
- Combine butter, honey, mustard, curry powder and garlic powder. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, brush turkey with glaze several times.
- Remove turkey from pan and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Portion sliuced turkey into individual servings and refrigerate or freeze for a quick meal later.
- Adjust the turkey portion to match your meal plan if you are on a higher or lower protein diet.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 122 mg
Potassium 277 mg
Phosphorus 193 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita patient Peggy in Missouri.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register