- CKD non-dialysis
- Higher Potassium
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 medium yellow crookneck squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unenriched rice milk
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 saltine crackers with unsalted tops
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Dice onion and slice squash. Set cream cheese out to soften.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and sauté onions and squash until tender.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and rice milk. Add cheese, cream cheese, black pepper to egg mixture.
- Add squash to mixture then pour into the casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Crush crackers and melt the butter. Mix together. Remove casserole from oven and add cracker topping. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Keep phosphorus lower by limiting the cheese and using unenriched rice milk instead of cow’s milk.
- Crookneck squash can be replaced with other types of summer squash.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 101 mg
Sodium 154 mg
Potassium 296 mg
Phosphorus 126 mg
Calcium 108 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register