- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 21 ounces canned blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven 350° F. Set butter and cream cheese out to soften.
- Mix butter with flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9" x 13" x 2" oven proof, glass baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Mix in remaining sugar. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Spread blueberry pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over blueberries. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Cut into 10 servings.
- Not suitable for people with diabetes due to high calorie, fat and carbohydrate content.
- This special company recipe can be served occasionally with a low-fat entree.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 59 g
Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 42 mg
Potassium 129 mg
Phosphorus 55 mg
Calcium 48 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 milk
- 1/2 starch
- 2 high-calorie
- 3 fat
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN. Submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register