- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 small box sugar-free mixed fruit gelatin
- 1/4 cup liquid low cholesterol egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and gelatin together.
- Beat in egg substitute and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add to margarine mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour to chill well.
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough out to 1/4” thickness.
- Cut with a 2” heart-shaped cookie cutter and place on ungreased baking sheets. Makes 24 cookies.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For most liquid egg substitutes 1/4 cup is equivalent to 1 egg. Check carton to be sure.
- Optional (for non-diabetics): Frost cookies with frosting of choice.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 120 mg
Potassium 25 mg
Phosphorus 53 mg
Calcium 18 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian MaryJo from Minnesota.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register