- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups red potatoes
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper,
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut potatoes into 1" cubes. Place in a large pot of water and boil for 10 minutes. Drain water, add fresh water and cook until tender.
- Cut bell peppers into bite-sized pieces, cut mushrooms in half, slice zucchini and mince garlic.
- Add the bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, olive oil and rosemary to potatoes. Mix well.
- Spread vegetables on a broiler pan, sprinkle with black pepper, and broil for 12 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are slightly browned at the edges. Stir a few times during cooking.
- Add vegetables back to the large bowl and toss with the balsamic vinegar. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Line your broiler pan with aluminum foil to keep in the juices and speed up cleaning.
- One medium bell pepper yields approximately 3/4 cup cut-up, raw pepper pieces.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7 mg
Potassium 240 mg
Phosphorus 48 mg
Calcium 20 mg
Fiber 1.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 starch
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Julie from North Carolina.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register