- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 5 cups mixed baby lettuce/baby greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the lettuce; remove the stems of the strawberries and slice vertically; cut the goat cheese into 8 even pieces.
- In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinegar and olive oil together with a whisk.
- Mash half the strawberries together with a potato masher or fork, and add them to the bowl. The mixture will be chunky. Set the dressing mixture aside.
- Place the lettuce into a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix to coat.
- Divide the lettuce onto four plates. Slice the remaining strawberries and add them to each plate of salad. Top with 2 of the goat cheese slices on each plate.
- Add ground black pepper to taste.
- This salad tastes best when fresh local strawberries are available in season.
- Soft goat cheese can be difficult to cut with a knife because of its soft texture. The easiest way is to use non-flavored dental floss. Take about a 6inch piece and hold in both hands. Use it to cut down into the goat cheese from top to bottom. This way you can cut smooth rounds that are not squished.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 23 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 289 mg
Potassium 404 mg
Phosphorus 195 mg
Calcium 148 mg
Fiber 3.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 3 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Michele from New Jersey.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register