1/4 recipe, approximately 4 ounces
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Combine vinegar with soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to serve fish.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each fish fillet into 1-1/2" pieces.
- Place flour and pepper in a zip-top bag. Add fish, seal and shake to coat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet.
- Dip each piece of flour-coated fish into beaten eggs to coat. Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Divide into 4 portions and serve hot. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon vinegar-soy sauce mixture on each portion.
- If white fish is unavailable, substitute catfish, cod, orange roughy or tilapia.
- Drain cooked fish on paper towels to soak up extra oil.
- Measure vinegar-soy sauce to help keep sodium content low.
- For a low protein diet, reduce portion to match your meal plan or consult your dietitian.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 151 mg
Sodium 134 mg
Potassium 400 mg
Phosphorus 359 mg
Calcium 42 mg
Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian SuAnn from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register