1 ounce (8 bite-sized braided twist pretzel pieces)
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 32 ounces bag unsalted pretzels
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning mix
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Preheat oven to 175° F.
- Spread the pretzels out on two 18" x 13" cookie sheets, so that pretzels lay flat. Use whole bite-size pretzels or break large-size pretzels into pieces.
- Mix the garlic powder and dill together. Set aside half of the seasonings. To the other half, add the dry salad dressing mix and 3/4 cup canola oil. Pour evenly over the pretzels and use your hands to make sure pretzels are evenly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, flipping the pretzels every 15 minutes.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven. Let the pretzels cool, then toss with remaining garlic powder, dill weed and oil. Enjoy!
- Snyder’s of Hanover brand pretzels were tested in this recipe, but any kind of unsalted pretzel may be used.
- Some brands of low-sodium pretzels contain potassium chloride. Check ingredients and avoid if you are on a low potassium diet.
- The number of pretzels in one ounce varies based on the shape and size. Check the label on the pretzel bag for more information.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 122 mg
Potassium 38 mg
Phosphorus 44 mg
Calcium 13 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Christy from Pennsylvania.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register