- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco® hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Blend cottage cheese, sour cream, green onions, hot sauce and spices in food processor until smooth.
- Add blue cheese and process for a few seconds.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, if desired.
- Dip stores well, which enhances cheese and garlic flavors. If storing for more than three days, reduce blue cheese and garlic.
- Natural, unprocessed sharp cheddar can substitute for blue cheese. Recipe limits the blue cheese to 1-1/3 teaspoon per serving.
- Other spices can be added to taste. Experiment!
- This dip is lower in phosphorus and higher in protein than many comparable recipes.
- Pair with low-sodium crackers, raw veggies, sliced apples or low-salt tortilla.
Nutrients per serving
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kris from Michigan.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register